this is how you make the best french fries if you want them to be thin and crispy and baked and still have their skin on. i have another recipe if you want them to be skinless wedges. more on that later.
- 2-3 large potatoes
- 3-4 T. olive oil
- 2 t. cornstarch
Other things you need:
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut your potatoes into long slices, and then cut those slices into sticks. mine are usually about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick and deep.
- Put them in a plastic bag and sprinkle the cornstarch in there. The cornstarch will help them get brown and crispy.
- Shake the cornstarch all around until it’s not clumpy.
- Drizzle the oil in the bag and shake.
- Pull the fries out (don’t’ dump them. actually pull them out so that the excess oil is left in the bag and not on your baking sheet)
- Put them in a single layer on the baking sheet. This is important. The part of the potato that’s touching the parchment/baking sheet will brown, so you want all of the pieces to be laying on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 18-30 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
- Flip fries over and bake another 15-20 minutes or until browned all over.