I am refusing to buy fresh produce and groceries because I am not supposed to be home right now. We are supposed to be having a baby. So, last night I thought I was going into labor and instead of cooking we jetted out to my favorite burger place. The burgers were delicious but the contractions eventually fizzled and here we go again with another night and no produce. Tonight’s menu looks like taco chili and chips and queso…tasty but not overly healthy. But Jon doesn’t care because queso is his favorite and I don’t care because I am pretty sure the baby uses a ton of the calories that I eat right now.
So, I have no recipe.
But I do have a nursery tour! Want to see what we’ve been cooking up in the used-to-be guest room? It’s good stuff. We combined the office and guest room to use the third bedroom for the baby and my mom came up in August to start the renovation process. It was a lot of work but I love how it turned out! The colors and patterns are less babyish and more like I just decorated a room. I love the combination of old-looking furniture and modern colors.
- Crib from Stanley Furniture Young America.
- Yellow gingham sheet and brown tree quilt from Pottery Barn Kids Outlet, brown bumper from Carter’s.
- Artwork on white canvases that I painted, and installed a clock on the right one.
- Owl mobile with owls cut from felt and hung from dowels wrapped with twine.
- Dresser from my favorite secondhand store in Austin, Corner Collector’s Market.
- Changing pad cover from Carter’s and Angel Dear Duck Pillow from Two Blue Peas.
- Storage bowls from Plate This.
- Flannel wipes for cloth diapers from Wonder Wipes, (extras made by just cutting flannel from the fabric store) and homemade wipe spray (2 c. water, 1 T. Dr. Bronner’s Baby Soap, 10 drops lavender oil)
The Rocking/Reading Nook:
- Rocker from Babies R Us, in tan.
- Lamp from Pottery Barn Kids Outlet and pillar from Hobby Lobby, spray-painted brown.
- Shelves are spray-painted wood from Home Depot with spray-painted brackets from Hobby Lobby.
- Hanging basket is from Hobby Lobby, spray-painted yellow.
Closet and Accents:
- Closet curtain (to save space!) made by my aunt.
- Chair, frames, and deer lampshade from Pottery Barn Kids Outlet.
- Wall hooks from Hobby Lobby, spray painted.
- Curtains and round pillows from Ikea.
- Pad made by my aunt.
- Pillow shams from Pottery Barn Outlet.
Now, it just needs a baby!
Original Post: http://saltimbocca.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/nursery-tour/