i have a sinus infection and i think my head might explode if i run out of mucinex. tea sounds good for a split second and then i remember that it is 100 outside. yesterday, today, and tomorrow. 100.
see how the thermometer is “predicting rain” at the top? that’s so cute.
what’s a girl to drink to soothe her throat and sniffles that will not add to the heat?
Honey Lemon Soda
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 T. honey
- 1/4 lemon
- 4 ice cubes
- Pour club soda into glass and stir in honey.
- Add ice
- Squeeze lemon over the top.
Summer is coming quickly, and instead of dreading the heat, we’re celebrating with a grapefruit margarita.
I often think that I can pull off a mixed drink without a recipe, and am usually humbled by an overly sweet, or overly strong drink. I used a recipe for this one, and it tastes like I ordered it from the patio of an upscale restaurant.
- 12 oz fresh grapefruit juice (from 2-3 ripe, medium-sized grapefruits)
- 4 oz fresh lime juice (from 2-3 ripe, medium-sized limes)
- 4 oz tequila
- 4 oz triple sec
- pour all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- pour into salt-rimmed glasses over crushed ice.